Is The Menopause Effecting Your Weight, Health & Lifestyle?
"Many women find themselves gaining weight during the menopause even if they're eating no more calories than previously. Whilst others notice their shape changing, especially around the waist and abdominal area."
Getting older and becoming less active causes loss of muscle mass, which slows down the metabolism. According to experts, it’s this, rather than the menopause itself, that bears the brunt of the responsibility for weight gain in middle age. However, fluctuating hormone levels also play their part. New evidence suggests that plummeting oestrogen levels may encourage us to eat more and exercise less, lowers the metabolic rate and increases insulin resistance, making it more difficult for our bodies to deal with sugars and starches.
TOP TIPS FOR MENOPAUSE
1. AVOID common triggers include caffeine, alcohol and foods that are sugary or spicy
2. Obtain a healthy living, eat lots of fruit and vegetables
3. Exercise regularly. Exercise release a hormone called endorphins. Endorphins trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine
4. Drink lots of water, this can help prevent weight gain and aid in weight loss by helping you feel full and increasing metabolism slightly
5. Reduce Refined Sugar and Processed Foods
6. Keep your room cool and wear light clothing if you suffer from hot flushes
7. Reduce your stress levels, read a book, take a walk outdoors, treat yourself to a massage
8. Add vitamins or supplements to your diet including vitamin D & E
It has been clinically proven that not only can SkinnyJab help with Menopause weight but it can also help with Menopause symptoms such as fatigue, hot flushes, low energy, difficulty sleeping.
Weight gain can effect you mentally and physically, it can effect how you feel within yourself and here at SkinnyJab, we understand the struggle of Menopause. Let us help you maintain your weight so you can feel like YOU again!
If you would like help with managing your weight and finding the right option for you, get in touch today to speak to a clinical advisor!
Call 0330 9000 970